There is a planning application to convert 103A Rockingham Road to fast food outlet use (A1 to A5 use, in planning terms).
The planning application number is KET/2017/1036 and you can view the proposal and comment on it on Kettering Borough Council's website by clicking here.
There are currently 564 Petitions and counting objecting to this proposal. As Ward Councillor I am also continuing to raise concerns on behalf of Northfield residents.
My objections are:
- Lack of parking for customers.
- Lack of parking for deliveries and loading.
- Lack of turning spaces.
- Increased traffic generation and associated pollution.
- Increase of traffic noise and disturbance and fumes within a primarily residential area.
- The proposed flue would be an eyesore on the street scene and be out of keeping with the style and age of the building.
- Increased noise disturbance from customers entering and leaving.
- Odour from cooking and odour from waste within a primarily residential area.
- Lack of waste storage facility with associated environmental concerns.
- No evidence of the consideration of healthier eating policies and policies to tackle childhood obesity.