Fake News No 1
There may be some on social media who seek to promote the idea that the major political parties exert tremendous levels of control over members and all campaigns are overseen by some monolithic party machine. So let us be clear –
- All of our candidates were selected by the Desborough Branch, no one from outside the town interviewed, approved, endorsed or in any way had any influence on the process.
- Every word in our leaflets has been (and will be) written by Desborough Branch members with no outside interference or influence.
- The campaign will be entirely organised and run by the Desborough Branch.
- All the expenses for the campaign will be paid out of Desborough Branch funds.
- The only thing that the Labour Party, at Regional level, has played any part in is that they have to endorse a certificate for each candidate which authorises the use of the official party logo on the ballot paper and for this we simply sent them a list of names.
- Desborough Labour party – from Desborough For Desborough.
Fake News No 2
Suggestions on Social Media that there is some kind of control or censorship taking place in respect of contacting Labour candidates.
Not true, all Labour candidates welcome questions, queries and comments from local electors and will respond in their own style and their own words without any interference or influence from anyone.
People often contact candidates about personal concerns or private matters and Labour candidates do not feel that the ‘megaphone diplomacy’ of social media is an appropriate way to communicate with the electorate.
With ten candidates standing for election we have decided to keep things simple by having one central point of contact. If you want to make a comment or ask a particular candidate a question simply use the contact e-mail or phone number below and your message will be passed to the relevant person for a response.
Tel: 01536 506580
PLEASE NOTE – There is a strict legal framework and ‘codes of practice’ that apply to candidates in an election and Labour candidates will seek to comply with all of these rules and regulations.
Promoted by: Phil Sawford C/o Kettering Constituency Labour Party, 12b Market Street, Kettering, Northants, NN16 0AH.
On behalf of: The Labour Party Candidates for the Desborough St Giles Ward, (Paul Coles, Ben King, Phil Sawford, Jo Taylor, Richard Tod, Helen Wood) C/o Kettering Constituency Labour Party, 12b Market Street, Kettering, Northants, NN16 0AH. Also on behalf of: The Labour Party Candidates for the Desborough Loatland Ward (Gareth Coe, Andy Coleman, Tim Healy, Joanne Watson) C/o Kettering Constituency Labour Party, 12b Market Street, Kettering, Northants, NN16 0AH.